Cisco Meraki MX80 Cloud Managed Security Appliance Cloud Management | MX Datasheet | MX Sizing Guide Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances is ideal for organizations with large numbers of distributed sites. Since the MX is 100% cloud managed, installation and remote management is simple. The MX has a comprehensive suite of network services, eliminating the need for multiple appliances. Services include a next-generation firewall, content filtering, web search filtering, SNORT® based intrusion prevention, web caching, WAN optimization, multiple WAN uplinks and 4G failover. Feature-rich Unified Threat Management (UTM) Capabilities
- Application-aware traffic control: set bandwidth policies based on Layer 7 application type (e.g., YouTube, Skype, P2P).
- Content filtering: CIPA-compliant content filter, safe-seach enforcement (Google/Bing), and YouTube for Schools.
- Intrusion prevetation: PCI-compliant IPS sensor using industry-leading SNORT® signature database from Sourcefire.
- Anti-virus and anti-phishing: flow-based protection engine powered by Kaspersky.
- Identity-based security policies and application management.
Industry-leading Cloud Management
- Unified WAN, LAN, and wireless LAN management through a webbased dashboard.
- Template based settings scale easily from small deployments to large, multi-site deployments with tens of thousands of devices.
- Role-based administration, email alerts on configuration change, connectivity issues and power loss, auditable change logs.
- Summary reports with user, device, and application usage details archived in the cloud.
Resilient Site-to-Site VPN with 4G Failover
- Auto VPN: automatic routing table generation, IKE/IPsec setup and key exchange via Cisco Meraki’s secure cloud.
- Automatic failover to secondary WAN link or 4G connection.
- Interoperates with standards-based IPsec VPNs.
- Automated MPLS to VPN failover.
- Client VPN: L2TP IPsec support for native Windows, Mac OS X, iPad and Android clients with no per-user licensing fees.
Branch Gateway Services
- Built-in DHCP, NAT, QoS, and VLAN management services.
- Web caching: accelerates frequently accessed content.
- Link bonding: combines multiple WAN links into a single highspeed interface, with policies for QoS, traffic shaping, and failover.
- Layer 3 failover: automatic detection of layer 2 and layer 3 outages and fast failover, including 3G/4G USB modems.
- WAN optimization: data redundancy elimination, protocol optimization, and compression provide bandwidth savings up to 99%.